Oasis' PoetryPlace

Welcome to Oasis Ministries' sacred space for poetry sharing.
Launched in February 2010 to share favorite poetry and prayers around the themes of
LOVE, PEACE and JUSTICE.

You are welcome to share your own favorite poetry and prayers --
freely by using "comments" or by sending an email to cindygaris@oasismin.org so you can be made an 'author' for this blog.

Sorry we have not found an easier way to allow you to share your insights. If you have other suggestions, please email cindygaris@oasismin.org.

If you make a post, we encourage you to add labels so that others are able to find various resources. Labels may include theme of poem, name of poet, title of poem, etc.


Friday, February 12, 2010

Snow Falling on Snow by Robert J. Wicks

In a cozy little corner I sit and pray,
wrapped in a warm sweater with a candle
lit before a mysterious icon.

Outside, the snow is swirling and the
wind whooshing and the tree branches
scratching against the house wanting to come in.

Then in the spaces in between, when the
wind is forgotten and all is quiet…
I open my heart to listen.

And as I hear the peaceful sound of snow
falling on snow, my soul slowly softens…
and my worries retreat to the edge of the room.

Finally I realize with joy that no matter
how uncertain life may become,
I will always be safe and warm
when I am at home with You.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment